I was curious to understand the online status of the major airports in the U.S.
So, because I don’t have a life, I’ve been cataloging the:
- Top 100 U.S. Airport Web sites
- Top 100 U.S. Airport Facebook pages
- Top 100 U.S. Airport Twitter accounts
- Top 100 U.S. Airport YouTube accounts
- Top 100 U.S. Airport Google Plus accounts
- Top 100 U.S. Airport Google Places
Actually, it was a pretty interesting process. It’s given me a lot of things to talk about as we move through Airport Marketing Month here at the SageRock blog.
I have collected a bunch of notes from the process. But we’ll get to all that later.
I thought I’d just publish my results in this post. Then we’ll dig into everything I found as we move along.
Because there is a bunch of data here, I have put the results in a Google Docs Spreadsheet.
Here are some things to be aware of:
I searched for a Twitter account and Facebook Page for each airport if there wasn’t one listed on the main site. But I didn’t search for a Google+ page or YouTube account. So, if you have a Google+ page or YouTube account and I missed it just let me know.
If I linked to the wrong anything (site, Twitter, etc) just let me know. I’ll gladly update my listings
I got the top 100 airports from this list. I have organized the airports alphabetically by airport code, not size. I don’t have any size data in my list. But if you are not on the list and you are close to being in the top 100 U.S. airports please let me know. I will gladly list you.
That’s all I’m going to say about the data today. I’ll start going through my findings in the next few days.
If you have any questions or comments just let me know in the comments below.
Most recent posts by Sage Lewis
- My Free Marketing Shit - August 26th, 2016
- My Kid Says Marketing Is Stupid. He's Right! - August 14th, 2016
- The Complete Content of Sage Lewis' Link Building Book - August 7th, 2016
- Free WordPress Web Sites from SageRock - August 3rd, 2016
- SageRock IS Small Business - January 8th, 2016
Help Support This Content By Supporting Our Advertisers
Get marketing strategy advice whenever you need it. On Demand.
Try a session totally for free. No credit card required.