I’ve gotten my Pinterest invitation and, like many Pinterest users, am obsessed by it.
Pinterest is a new way of looking at the world is a highly visual way. It reaches you powerfully, emotionally. In a way that words really can’t. It makes you understand the saying, “a picture is worth a 1000 words.”
The key here is “emotion.”
97% of fans are women. That is crucial to understand. It won’t always be that way. But it will always have that soul.
It’s about loving things and sharing them. It is about creation. It is about empathy.
I can already feel the desire of businesses to start pinning all their products to Pinterest and then trying to compel people to “Pin It.”
The key here is to find the love in your business. Don’t look for the sale.
Every business has love.
Think Google Doodles.
Do not think Microsoft.
Do not think Walmart.
Find the love and show the love. Do not show the product. You are not selling a product. You are selling what the product gives your customers:
Show those parts of your business on Pinterest.
Most recent posts by Sage Lewis
- The Definitive Guerrilla Marketing Manual - 2016 Edition - November 17th, 2015
- Become the Beautiful Business Butterfly Within You - February 9th, 2015
- 2014 Akron Digital Savvy Award Winners - December 15th, 2014
- 2014 Akron Digital Savvy Awards Nominees - November 10th, 2014
- A Conversation With Lee Odden - October 1st, 2014